Thursday, January 29, 2009

Antidote (29.01.09)

I am alone.
In the silence of tragedy and betrayal,
Within it, I have made my home
A humble abode... akin to my grave - Yes, my grave.

Voices of regret, sounding out
They call loudly to me, pulling me deeper in
Now knee-deep in guilt, and waist-high in sin
I weep for my soul, only to fall again.

Trapped in a macabre dream, I seek to get out
I've murdered, I have fallen, and only realise I regret now
Wishing the chips had fallen well
As you and I finally fell into love

Now too late for one last kiss
I'm drawn deeper into your absence...
Time is a crawl for a final goodbye
As we find ourselves torn, by searing light

I cry out loudly, but no one can hear me
You know not of the battles I will fight
Against the white-noise of haunting screams
Lies a portrait of my solitary nights

Always wishing, never receiving
Taunted by the Ones who roam the dark
Yet hope is near, always believing
In my rain-soaked blitz to the Ark.

No comments:

Post a Comment